Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend Recap

Blues Traveler has a good song about Mtns, and it goes a little something like this, "the mountains win again..." they beat me that is. I failed miserably on the mtn bike this weekend.

A quick recap, I puked twice, lost count of how many times I fell, hit my head full on, saw stars, hiked a lot, pushed the bike, bonked, really wanted to take a nap in the woods, and eventually was removed from the course. To make matters all the worse I didn't handle it very well either. It was a sad display. I dont have any excuses other than that I am not a good mtn biker and bit off more than I could handle.

Lessons learned.

In brighter news Bobby rode on and did quite well, this only after fulfilling his responsibilities and leading me safely out of the woods.

The road ride went well. We both made it to the top with no problems and in good time. Although when we arrived at the top the temp was 53 degrees, we were in the clouds and it was blowing 15mph. The decent was freezing cold and windy. My teeth were chattering, legs shaking, but once we got to 4000 feet it was good and warm again.

On to the Triangle Tri.

-E